We feel like it's part of our job to give you the best tips to enjoy Web Summit (and of course, Lisbon) while you're here. You already have a ticket? Great. But keep in mind that in these 4 days you'll need to make the best of your time to make sure they're productive and valuable. So here's our Web Summit Guide by LxTG:
1. Getting around Lisbon
- - Metro: the closest metro station is Oriente but don't worry, you'll see the Web Summit stickers ;)
- - Taxi: Lisbon taxis are super cheap compared to cabs in other European capitals but beware because there will be traffic!
- - Uber, Cabify, Kapten, Bolt, etc.: These transportation platforms are super useful in the city, and they'll take you there for sure.
2. Schedule priorities and stick to the plan
- - We all know that it is a week full of events, either inside the conference or around Lisbon, so you must plan and schedule the ones that best fit your needs and goals before it all starts. We’re not saying that you’ll need to schedule your week by the minute but be prepared and organised.
3. Make the best of your time here
- - You’ll be tired, we know. But don’t waste the nights sleeping because you’ll miss a lot of networking and fun! At this time of the year, a business can also happen during the night summit so keep up and rest after :)
4. What to bring to Web Summit
- - Business cards: definitely not outdated, everybody uses it, and you should bring yours.
- - Powerbank: it’s not only you who’s low on energy, your phone will be asking for a charger, and so you’ll be prepared.
- - Reusable water bottle: November is not our warmest month, but it’s going to be hot in there. There are a lot of places where you can fill up, and it’s better than buying more plastic.
- - Comfortable shoes: you’ll undoubtedly be in your best but remember that it may rain, so the streets are going to be slippery.
- - Notepad and pen: great speakers, brilliant people and a lot to remember. Have something with you to take notes.
5. Enjoy our city
- - It can be done during Web Summit, before or after but make sure that you’ll add an extra day or two to walk around this incredible city.
The best list of side events:
- On November 4th
- On November 5th
- - Speaker's Dinner: ft. Grit Daily, Badass Summit, Open bar, World Wildlife
- - VR/AR Association Portugal Executive Dinner
- - Night Summit
- - European Startup and Scale-up Night 2019
- - AI, Blockchain And Mixed Reality Startups & Investors Reception during Web Summit
- - #Swisstech Night at Web Summit - We'll be there!
- On November 6th
- On November 7th
- On November 8th